SCSU Faculty Wives and Women Scholarship for Nontraditional Students
1. Female student age 25 or older with family responsibilities 2. Sophomore or junior during term scholarship is disbursed 3. GPA at least 3.0 4. Financial need 5. Enrolled full time when the scholarship is received 6. An essay, transcript and two letters of recommendation are required; Recipient must attend the fall or spring luncheon of the SCSU Faculty Wives & Women Association (as a guest; meal will be complimentary)
- Women's Center
- Supplemental Questions
- Briefly describe how your family responsibilities have made it challenging to earn a bachelor's degree (250 words maximum).
- In 300-500 words, describe your educational plan and goals as well as your future career goals, your financial needs and circumstances, and the obstacles and barriers that have affected your educational pursuits thus far.
- Upload your most recent transcript. Previous transcripts may be submitted if you need to explain a deficient GPA. Transcripts must show your name and the name of the institution.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two people who have agreed to submit letters of recommendation for you. One letter should be from a faculty member unless you have been out of school for a long time and this is your first semester back in school.
- If selected to receive this scholarship I agree to release my contact information to an office holder of the SCSU Faculty Wives and Women Association and will attend their fall or spring luncheon as an honored guest.