Soroko/Ditlevson Service Scholarship
The Soroko – Ditlevson Service Scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated significant involvement in volunteer and service activities. Applicants must be 1. Of the first generation in his/her family to attend college 2. Involved in volunteer and/or community service while a student at SCSU 3. Admitted to major in Business, Communication Studies or Mass Communications 4. Junior, senior or graduate student enrolled full time during the term the scholarship is disbursed 5. Overall GPA of 3.0 or above 6. In good conduct standing with the university.
- Dept of Campus Involvement
- Supplemental Questions
- Volunteer and Service Summary: Please describe your volunteer and service activities while you've been a student at SCSU. For each activity, include the name of the organization, location and dates of service. Please also include 1-3 duties/services you performed. See the Help text for an example.
- How has your involvement in community service activities on and off campus impacted or improved the campus community? Please limit your response to 250 words.
- Provide the name, organization, email and phone number of a professional who worked with you on a community service project and can provide details if contacted (cannot be a student or family member).
- Certification Statement: I certify that the information given above is true and correct. I understand that the award committee will verify the information I provided. I understand that information provided in my application and recommendation letter may be used for publicity and for the award presentation.