Marcia Summers Career Opportunity Scholarship for Single Mothers
1. Single female parent or guardian of minor children 2. Sophomore, junior or senior during term scholarship is disbursed 3. GPA 3.0 or higher 4. Financial need 5. Has defined degree and career objectives 6. An essay, transcript and two letters of recommendation are required
- Women's Center
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a single parent or guardian with primary custody of a minor child (or children)?
- Upload your most recent transcript. Previous transcripts may be submitted if you need to explain a deficient GPA. Transcripts must show your name and the name of the institution.
- In 300-500 words, describe your educational plan and goals as well as your future career goals, your financial needs and circumstances, and the obstacles and barriers that have affected your educational pursuits thus far.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two people who have agreed to submit letters of recommendation for you. One letter should be from a faculty member unless you have been out of school for a long time and this is your first semester back in school.