Rich Murray Volunteerism Scholarship
The Rich Murray Volunteerism Scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated a commitment of giving through volunteerism while at St. Cloud State University. This may be service with an established organization or individual acts of service over a significant period of time. If candidates are equally qualified, financial need will be considered. Applicants must have at least one semester remaining at SCSU; the scholarship will be applied to Fall tuition/fees. Applicants must also have a GPA of at least 2.0 and be in good academic and conduct standing with the University. Previous recipients of this scholarship are ineligible.
- Dept of Campus Involvement
- Supplemental Questions
- Volunteer and Service Summary: Please describe your volunteer and service activities while you've been a student at SCSU. For each activity, include the name of the organization, location and dates of service. Please also include 1-3 duties/services you performed. See the Help text for an example.
- What have you learned about yourself and others by participating in volunteer service activities? Please limit your response to 200 words.
- Briefly explain your financial situation to help the scholarship committee assess your needs. Financial need is not a requirement of this scholarship, but if candidates are equal in qualifications, the student having the greatest financial need will be given preference. Please limit your response to 200 words.
- Provide the name, organization, email and phone number of a professional who worked with you on a community service project and can provide details if contacted (cannot be a student or family member).
- Certification Statement: I certify that the information given above is true and correct. I understand that the award committee will verify the information I provided. I understand that information provided in my application and recommendation letter may be used for publicity and for the award presentation.