Miriam Spitzer-Norman Weisman Memorial Scholarship in Synoptic Meteorology
1. Meteorology major 2. Academic achievement (GPA of 2.75 overall, 2.75 in Atmospheric & Hydrological Science courses, 3.25 in meteorology courses; required to upload degree audit report from eServices) 3. Practice in preparing own forecast outside the classroom, which may include the National Weather Challenge or other activities (please list) 4. Submit essay about career/educational goals involving synoptic meteorology 5. Enrolled full-time when the scholarship is received
- College of Science and Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you participated in the National Weather Challenge or do you have other regular forecasting practice outside the classroom?
- Please submit an essay describing your career goals related to synoptic meteorology, such as employment in operational meteorology or further study of synoptic meteorology in graduate school.
- List individual accomplishments to be considered by the scholarship committee (such as internships in operational meteorology, student research, community service, etc.).
- Please upload your degree audit report as a PDF (your degree audit report is available through eServices). If using Chrome, right click to print then save as a PDF. If using other browsers, print your degree audit report, scan and save as a PDF.